Dr. M. Lekeshmanaswamy
Kongunadu Arts and Science College
Dr. M. Lekeshmanaswamy, Associate Professor and Head in Zoology is a distinguished academician and an eminent researcher who has been a great support to the administrative prospects of our college. He has a vast knowledge in his subject with 25 years of research experience and 23 years of teaching experience. His Field of specialization includes Environmental Biology, Limnology, Pollution Biology, Environmental Biotechnology, Biodiversity and Biotechnology.
He has won several accolades from various organizations.
The awards to his credit are,
- Bharathiar University Best NSS Programme Officer award for the year 2005-06
- TamilNadu State Award for Best NSS Programme Officer for the year 2008-09
- 100% attendance Award for the year 2007-08 and 2008-09
- HARGOBIND KHORANA BEST SCIENTIST AWARD 2012, Biological Science by Bose Science Society, affiliated with DST, New Delhi, 24/11/2012
- High level Research Advisor in International Journal of life sciences
- Merit for the Publication of full papers in International Journals during the Academic Year 2013 -2014
- YSSP (Young Student Scientist Programme) May 2010 and May 2011 (Phase I & II) as a Co-ordinator.
- Acted as a convener for World Classical Tamil Conference for the year June 2010 by Govt. of Tamilnadu.
- Acted as a Chief Invigilator in the TNPSC (CSSE) -30/07/20114.
- Bharathiar University NSS Advisory committee member, 2006 -2007
- Ragging Curb committee member.
- Student Grievance and Redressal committee member.
- College finance committee member.
- Member of Board of studies in Zoology.
- TNPSC Question paper setter.
- Life member in ISCA, Kolkata.
- Life member in the Aruchami Research Foundation.
- Life member in the KASC Alumni Association.
- Life member in the Journal of Ecologia.
- Life member in the Journal of Environment and Eco-planning.
Has rendered his Extension service in,
-National Service Scheme (PO)
- Obtained four DRDA Projects
- the construction of 52 Group houses with a Lord Ganesha temple
- the creation of a Model village, Dhanalakshmipuram, Madukkarai Union
-NSS Programme officer from the year 2001 to 2018
He had published 75 research articles in National, International journals and also participated in several International level, National and State level Seminars, Workshops and Symposia. So far, he has produced 20 M.Phil and 9 Ph.D scholars and currently 7 Ph.D scholars are pursuing under his guidance.