Controller of Examinations, Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore
Dr.K.Murugesan, Assistant Professor and Head in Tamil, is an efficient academician and an eminent researcher. He is an enthusiastic person to act in different roles in this Institution with wide and sound knowledge in his own subject with 26 years of research experience and 23 years of teaching experience. His field of specialization includes Modern Literature, Sangam Literature, Spiritual Literature, Kappiyam Literature, and Scientific Tamil.
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
1. He has received ‘Kambar Award’ given by Chief Minister of Tamilnadu which carries a Gold medal and 1 lakh cash award in 2019. This is a prestigious award.
2. ‘Sekkilar Award’ given by the Governor of Mauritius in the International conference at Mauritius in 2018.
3. ‘KambarKavimaniAward’ given by Coimbatore Tamil Heritage Forum & Bangalore Sams Endowment in 2018.
4. ‘KambarChinthanaiVidthagar Award’ given by Ramanathapuram DistrictKambhanKazhagam in 2018.
5. ‘KambarMamaniAward’given by GudiyathamDistrict KambanKazhagam in 2017.
6. ‘Best Book Award’ in the name of ‘SentamilVendhar’ given by karanthai Tamil sangam in 2016 with cash prize .
7. ‘AsiriyarChemmalAward’ given by Tamilnadu Education & Research Development Forum in 2016 at Dr.Radhakrishnan’s House, Chennai.
8. ‘AriviyalTamilmaniAward’ given by Coimbatore Rotary Club in 2016.
9. ‘SentamilChemmalAward’ given by ThanjavurTamilayyaKalviKazhalagam in 2015.
10. ‘SithanthaRathinamAward’ given by ThanjavurThiruvavaduthurai Matt in 2014.
11. ‘SentamilAaivuChigaram Award’ given by ThanjavurTamilayyaKalviKazhalagam in 2014.
12. ‘TamilsudarAward’ given by AmbathurDistrict KambanKazhagam in 2014.
13. ‘KambanSevaiChemmalAward’ given by AruppukkottaiKambanKazhagam in 2013.
FIELD OF RESEARCH:
He has produced 31 Ph.D. candidates and 79 M.Phil candidates so far. Currently 6 candidates are pursuing their Ph.D. research under his guidance. He has published 281 research papers in National, International Conference proceedings (with ISBN number), UGC care list & reputed Journals (ISSN number) with high impact factor and has also participated in several International level, National level conferences, symposiums, workshops and seminars.
He has published 17 books in various fields of Tamil Literature. Many of his books have been prescribed as text books in various Universities, Autonomous colleges through board of studies. Especially 6 books written by him have been prescribed as text books in Distance Education mode in Alagappa University, Karaikudi. He has also organised International conferences year after year from 2013 to 2019 in collaboration with Universities, Colleges, Education Forums in various countries like Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Germany, Australia, Singapore and has published 46 proceedings in book form with ISBN number. He has visited Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Singapore to participate as a delegate in International conferences.
FUNDED PROJETS AND SEMINARS:
He has completed 2 Minor projects, one funded by UGC to a tune of Rs.3 Lakhs and another one funded by Chennai Central Institute of Classical Tamil to a sum of Rs.2.5 Lakhs. He has received Rs.15 Lakhsas grants from various funding agencies like UGC New Delhi, Central Institute of Indian Languages Mysuru, Central Institute of Classical Tamil Chennai, Indian Council of Philosophical Research New Delhi for organising national level conferences, seminars, workshops and symposiums.
MEMBER INPROFESSIONAL BODIES:
He has been nominated by the Vice Chancellors of Bharathiar, Bharathidasan, Periyar, Madurai Kamaraj, ManonmaniamSundaranar, Thiruvalluvar, Alagappa Universities as the V.C.’s Nominee in the board of studies in various affiliated & autonomous colleges in and around Tamilnadu. Mysure University& some autonomous colleges in Tamilnadu hadappointed him as subject expert in the board of studies for many years. He has rendered service in Joint Secretary position in KovaiKambanKazhagam&ElangoAdigalIlakkiyaMandram for thepast 20 years and has proved his oratorical talent in many stages in India and aboard.He served as Convener of College Magazine & Newsletter committees, Director of student welfare Centre for the past 14 years. The college management has nominated him as a Member in the college committee from 2019.