|ESTABLISHMENT OF CULTURAL CLUB :1997- 98
Aim and Motto of the Club
The discipline of the folklore protects our traditional culture. The most worth mention is then folk dance among the folklore, folksongs, folktales, proverb, riddles, lullaby, these antes are declining and evading away owing to the growth modern culture. Hence the college management has taken necessary steps to protect and develop these folk themes.
Our college cultural club encourages folkdances and other Indian folkdances such as Karakatam, Kummiatum, Kavadiattam, Oyelattam, Kolatam etc.
Karakatam dance by our students is well known and appreciated by the people of South India.
Cultural Club Activities 2011-2012
Cultural Club Co-Coordinator : Dr. M. Ravi Kumar, Asst.Professor & Head of Tamil (UG), Dr. M. Murugesan, Assistant Professor & HoD of Tamil (Aided)
- Karagattam performed on "Pongal Day Celebrations" Suriyan FM & U TV Cording organized "Vayalodu Vilaiyadi" on 19.01.2011
- Cultural Club organized " Pongal Day Cultural Compitations" on 11.01.2011. Pushpanjali, Baduga Dance and Tamil Kummi secured the 1st, 2nd, 3rd prized. Chief Guest Dr. So. Sathiyaseelan distributed the prizes
- Karagattam performed on "Formation Day Celebrations" on 05.02.2011 at Bharathiar University
- Cultural Club organized various Cultural programmes for College Day, Sports Day and Distribution of Prizes & Scholerships Under Merged Scheme held on 19.02.2011,21.02.2011 and 23.02.2011
- Karagattam Team performed on "Mangayar Malar Muthu Vizha Celebrations" on 24.09.2011
- Karagattam Team performed on "PSG Arts" organized by NSS Camp on 27.11.2011
- Karagattam Team performed on "Pongal Day celebration" organized by our college on 12.01.2012
- Karagattam Team performed on "Vasantham -2012 srishti the literary club of Amirta Vishwa Vidhyapeetham" in Amirta School of Engineering on 19.01.2012
- Karagattam Team performed on "Republic Day Celebration" in VOC park on 26.01.2012
- Karagatam Team performed on "College Day and Sports Day Celebration" in our college on 18.02.2012 and 19.02.2012
|The Club Established on 14.09.1998.
Job Oriented Certificate Course
- To make the students as an Entrepreneur.
- To make them to Think Creatively.
The Club Provides one year Job Oriented Certificate Course in the name of 'Professional Photography' from 2006-07 academic year onwards. Twenty students from various departments join and learn up Digital Photography every year. 100% Practical Oriented Teaching is given by the Club Co-ordinator. The students are allowed to "earn while learn" through professional photographic shooting.
Eligibility for the Course
The Students who are studying in Under Graduate course can join in their 2nd and 3rd year of course period and PG students can join in their first or second year. Research Scholars can join at any time in their academic year.
The club started with one SLR Camera and it has grown upto a fully loaded "DIGITAL STUDIO".
The Club has a library with good collection of books and Monthly Journals.
Photo Club-Coordinator: Dr. R. Subashkumar, Assistant Professor in Biotechnology
The Music Club of our College was inaugurated in the year 1995 by Tmy. C.A. Vasuki, Director Finance & Joint Secretary of the institution. Dr. Rajkumar David, Former Reader in Zoology and Dr. A.A. Sivakumar, Former Principal, are the architects of this vocational center for Music. The generous and friendly support from the management provided the impetus for the phenomenal growth, from its inception, of the Club.
A pioneer in this field, Mr. Joy has been appointed as tutor to train the students in playing different instruments like Electric Keyboard, Drums, Violin, Guitar, Tabla etc. In addition to the above, periodical vocal exercise is also offered by the music club co-ordinators, Dr. R. Manimekalai, Assistant Professor in Tamil (Aided). The trained students of the club are provided opportunities to exhibit their talents during National and religious functions celebrated in the college.
The members of the club perform light music programmes during the Annual Day celebrations. Musical Eve is also one of the special activities of the Club every year. The student members of the Club participate in State and Zonal level inter-collegiate vocal and instrumental music competitions. The Music Club also conducts Carnatic and Light Music competitions to encourage students to hone their skills.
On several occasions, students belonging to the Music Club have won laurels for themselves as well as accolades to the institution by securing trophies, cash awards and certificates. The training provided by the Club also leads to the general personality development of the students.
In Green Eco Club of Kongunadu Arts and Science College, for the year 2010-11 a total number of 118 students from various courses have enrolled their names as members. A meeting of the general body was held on 28.01.2011 to discuss the programmes about the creation of awareness among the public about environment.
Environment Awareness has been conducted by GEM club members about the importance of tree plantation, rain water harvest and not toi use plastic bags. Members participated actively and approached thousands of public for this purpose in the urban and suburban of Coimbatore.
Co-ordinator : Dr. S. Paulsamy, Associate Professor in Botany.
RED RIBBON CLUB
ESTABLISHMENT OF RED RIBBON CLUB: 28-07-2005
Mr. M. Karthikeyan, Assistant Professor & HoD of Commerce with CA
Aim of the Club
To create awareness about HIV & AIDS among students community.
- Conduct AIDS awareness meetings.
- Conduct AIDS awareness students rally.
- Conduct workshop on celebrating life.
Tamil Nadu state AIDS Control Society(TANSAES) has come out with a state-wide action programme under the banner RED RIBBON CLUB in Higher Educational institutions in Tamil Nadu.
To create mass awareness inside and outside campus.
To inform the group about facts and figures on HIV youth:-
- Sex education, peer education, life styles.
- Finding out problems among the college youth.
- To conduct survey on HIV in villages.
- The RRC Volunteers M. Sharathraj, M. Karthikeyan, T. Raghul and G. Sivasakthi and RRC Programme Officer M. Prakash are attended State Level Youth Carnival Function at chennai on 10th Auguest 2010 to 12th Auguest 2010.
- On 15th September 2010 two RRC Volunteers are participated one day RRC Peer Leader Training programme for students at Bharathiar University.
- On 14th February 2011 RRC conducted Celebrating Life programme, RRC Direstict Manager Mr. N.R. Vaideeswaran and ICTC Counselor sharing the valuable Informations.
- RRC Programme officer Mr. M. Prakash attended "Master Training Programe " conducted by Bharathiar University at 07.03.2011 to 08.02.2011
- On 29.09.2011 RRC conducted Celebrating Life programme on that day Mr. N.R. Vaideeswaran, District Manager, Red Ribbon Club and Mr. M. Somesh, President, Positive network are delivered special addresses. In their special address the explained the role and functions of RRC and also motivated students volunteers in RRC activities.
YOGA & MEDITATION CLUB
Yoga is very important to each and every person in this busy world. In yoga, every asana is connected with breathing. The breathing exercises help to purify the blood and develop resistance in the body, saving it from disease. This is the secret of yoga. In our college, yoga classes are conducted between 4pm and 5 pm daily for students and staff members. The following are the activities which the Yoga Club is practicing:
- Guru Sthotram.
- Body relaxation exercises.
- Suriya Namaskar
- Srimadh Bhagavad Gita sloka chanting
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita reading
Mrs. V.R. Karuppayal, Lecturer (SG) in Mathematics and Dr. K. Shanthi, Reader in Zoology