|The Club Established on 14.09.1998.
Job Oriented Certificate Course
- To make the students as an Entrepreneur.
- To make them to Think Creatively.
The Club Provides one year Job Oriented Certificate Course in the name of 'Professional Photography' from 2006-07 academic year onwards. Twenty students from various departments join and learn up Digital Photography every year. 100% Practical Oriented Teaching is given by the Club Co-ordinator. The students are allowed to "earn while learn" through professional photographic shooting.
Eligibility for the Course
The Students who are studying in Under Graduate course can join in their 2nd and 3rd year of course period and PG students can join in their first or second year. Research Scholars can join at any time in their academic year.
The club started with one SLR Camera and it has grown upto a fully loaded "DIGITAL STUDIO".
The Club has a library with good collection of books and Monthly Journals.
Photo Club-Coordinator: Dr. R. Subashkumar, Assistant Professor in Biotechnology
The Music Club of our College was inaugurated in the year 1995 by Tmy. C.A. Vasuki, Director Finance & Joint Secretary of the institution. Dr. Rajkumar David, Former Reader in Zoology and Dr. A.A. Sivakumar, Former Principal, are the architects of this vocational center for Music. The generous and friendly support from the management provided the impetus for the phenomenal growth, from its inception, of the Club.
A pioneer in this field, Mr. Joy has been appointed as tutor to train the students in playing different instruments like Electric Keyboard, Drums, Violin, Guitar, Tabla etc. In addition to the above, periodical vocal exercise is also offered by the music club co-ordinators, Dr. R. Manimekalai, Assistant Professor in Tamil (Aided). The trained students of the club are provided opportunities to exhibit their talents during National and religious functions celebrated in the college.
The members of the club perform light music programmes during the Annual Day celebrations. Musical Eve is also one of the special activities of the Club every year. The student members of the Club participate in State and Zonal level inter-collegiate vocal and instrumental music competitions. The Music Club also conducts Carnatic and Light Music competitions to encourage students to hone their skills.
On several occasions, students belonging to the Music Club have won laurels for themselves as well as accolades to the institution by securing trophies, cash awards and certificates. The training provided by the Club also leads to the general personality development of the students.
The Eco Club's Co-ordinator and volunteers of Eco Club conducted awareness programme on 03.10.2013 at Vellakinar Village. The need of tree plantation and the establishment of home gardens in residential areas and not use the nonbiodegradable materials like plastic items, polyvinyl materials etc. for domestic and other purposes were explained on ecological basis to the residents.
On 04.01.2014, Eco club in association with Botany Department organized a programme on 'Demonstration on health care by using berbal medicines' for the women students of our college. Herbalists of Herbal Research Centre, Gandhigram Trust, Dindigul served as resource persons and they gave hands on training about the preparation of herbal formulations. Dr.H.Malleshappa IFS, Director, Department of Environment, Government of Tamil Nadu inaugurated the function.
Co-ordinator : Dr. S. Paulsamy, Associate Professor in Botany.
The Department of Botany, Zoology & Biotechnology and Eco club have jointly organized a two day National Level symposium on Cultural Landscape, Indigenous Knowledge & Biotechnological Tools for Biodiversity Conservation held in KASC on 7 and 8 March 2014. Mr. R.S. Prashanth IFS, Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests inaugurated the function and Explained the Role of Forests and Individuals in the conservation of species of both flora and fauna levels. Prof. Ramamurthi the former President, Indian Science Congress Association and former Vice-Chancellor of Sri Venkatashwara University, Tirupati has offered Key note address. Many experts from various fields of biodiversity all over National have delivered lead lectures in their field concerned. Over 275 participants have taken part in this symposium by active deliberations the outcome of the symposium is expected more useful for the young ecologists and conservationists for their Research. UGC, DST,NBA and TNSCST sponsored the symposium.
RED RIBBON CLUB
ESTABLISHMENT OF RED RIBBON CLUB: 28-07-2005
Mr. M. Karthikeyan, Assistant Professor & HoD of Commerce with CA
Aim of the Club
To create awareness about HIV & AIDS among students community.
- Conduct AIDS awareness meetings.
- Conduct AIDS awareness students rally.
- Conduct workshop on celebrating life.
Tamil Nadu state AIDS Control Society(TANSAES) has come out with a state-wide action programme under the banner RED RIBBON CLUB in Higher Educational institutions in Tamil Nadu.
To create mass awareness inside and outside campus.
To inform the group about facts and figures on HIV youth:-
- Sex education, peer education, life styles.
- Finding out problems among the college youth.
- To conduct survey on HIV in villages.
- The RRC Volunteers M. Sharathraj, M. Karthikeyan, T. Raghul and G. Sivasakthi and RRC Programme Officer M. Prakash are attended State Level Youth Carnival Function at chennai on 10th Auguest 2010 to 12th Auguest 2010.
- On 15th September 2010 two RRC Volunteers are participated one day RRC Peer Leader Training programme for students at Bharathiar University.
- On 14th February 2011 RRC conducted Celebrating Life programme, RRC Direstict Manager Mr. N.R. Vaideeswaran and ICTC Counselor sharing the valuable Informations.
- RRC Programme officer Mr. M. Prakash attended "Master Training Programe " conducted by Bharathiar University at 07.03.2011 to 08.02.2011
- On 29.09.2011 RRC conducted Celebrating Life programme on that day Mr. N.R. Vaideeswaran, District Manager, Red Ribbon Club and Mr. M. Somesh, President, Positive network are delivered special addresses. In their special address the explained the role and functions of RRC and also motivated students volunteers in RRC activities.
YOGA & MEDITATION CLUB
Yoga is very important to each and every person in this busy world. In yoga, every asana is connected with breathing. The breathing exercises help to purify the blood and develop resistance in the body, saving it from disease. This is the secret of yoga. In our college, yoga classes are conducted between 4pm and 5 pm daily for students and staff members. The following are the activities which the Yoga Club is practicing:
- Guru Sthotram.
- Body relaxation exercises.
- Suriya Namaskar
- Srimadh Bhagavad Gita sloka chanting
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita reading
Mrs. V.R. Karuppayal, Lecturer (SG) in Mathematics and Dr. K. Shanthi, Reader in Zoology