THE DEPARTMENT OF COSTUME DESIGN AND FASHION
The Department of Costume Design & Fashion is a world which cultivates creativity, builds imagination, coordinates innovation and directs knowledge that together brings out future fashion leaders.
The course combines creativity with the technological skill to provide an excellent foundation for designing and manufacturing fabric, garments and accessories and enable each individual to pursue his or her own preferences from the vast textile industry. The three- year graduate course aims at enabling the students to keep pace with the rapid advancements in the industry by providing an opportunity to obtain an insight into the actual working of the industry by way of fashion shows and exhibitions organized by the students themselves, industrial visits, and internships in textile mills and fashion houses.
|BSc. Costume Design and Fashion
|Garment Manufacturing Technology
The laboratories are equipped with sophisticated new machines. The entire lab is set to cater to the needs of the textile industry.
- Fashion illustration lab
- Pattern making lab
- Garment construction lab
- Dyeing and printing lab
- Textile testing lab
Momerandum of Understanding
MOUs were signed with leading companies namely, APR Textiles and Sri Lakshmi Krishna Exports, Tirupur.
- The Department organized a Training Programme in Tailoring, Embroidery and Machinery maintenance for Self Help Group of Thudialur.
- Organized a Jewellery Designing Workshop with experts from Thurika Kalai Koodam. The students were trained to make jewels like necklace, earrings, and anklets.
- Organized a Guest lecture on “Recent Trends in Textiles” by Dr. S.Amsamani, Reader, Department of Textiles and Clothing, Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore.
- Organized a “Kasuthi Embroidery” workshop. The students were trained to do traditional kasuthi work.
- Grand Exhibition -cum -sale” of kids, ladies, and men’s wear, fashion jewellery and craft items was conducted.
Students' Training Programme
- Industrial Visits: The students are taken to various textile industries during their course of study.
- Internship Training: The students undergo in-plant training for a period of one month at the end of their II and IV semesters.
- The students won Third prize in Fashion Designing contest (spring collection) organized
by South India Institute of Fashion Technology.
- The students won the Third prize in the Fashion Designing contest (seasons collections) ‘Karishma’ held at P.S.G.R Krishnammal College of Arts and Science for Women, Coimbatore.
- First prize in the Fashion Parade contest in “HILARICUS” held at Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- Second prize in the Fashion Designing contest “FANTABULOUS 07” held at Nehru Arts and Science College, Coimbatore.
- Second prize in the Theme Show “RENEISSANCE” held at P.S.G College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Second prize in the Theme Show “EXOTICA” held at N.G.P College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- Third prize in Fashion Parade contest “HILARICUS” held at Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- Second prize in the designer contest held at Jayendra Saraswathi College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- Fashion designer
- Quality controller
- Fashion coordinator
- Fashion event manager
- Fashion marketing
- Pattern maker
- Faculty in fashion institutes
- Accessory designer
- Textile designer
- Product line manager
- Product controller
- Textile research institutes